A passcode on your iOS device is for the security of your data. One can even use fingerprints instead of a passcode
If their device has the touch ID feature. A device requires a passcode for the following actions:
- Turning on restarting the device
- Pressing the home button and locking the device (this is customizable)
- Updating software
- View or change passcode settings
- Installing iOS Configuration profile.
How to set up a pass code?
1. Go to settings
2. Touch ID and pass code
3. Go to settings
5. Tap ‘Turn passcode on’
6. Enter a six-digit passcode. Or tap passcode options to switch to four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
7. Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it
(Devices that do not have ‘Touch ID and passcode’ option in settings, should go to ‘passcode’ option directly)
How to change your passcode or passcode setting?
- Go to settings
- Touch ID and Passcode (devices that do not have this option in the setting, should go to ‘passcode’ directly)
There are several settings and options
- Turn passcode off: Tap this option to turn the passcode off.
- Change your passcode: enter a new six-digit or four-digit passcode, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
- Require passcode: this option allows you to secure your phone by making the home screen passcode protected, every time you unlock the screen. If you don’t want an immediate passcode requirement, change this setting.
- Allow access when locked: One can use this option to allow access to some feature even when the screen lock is on, which includes Today View, Notification View, Siri, Home Control, wallet, etc.
- Erase Data: Choose whether to erase your device automatically after ten failed passcode attempts.
How to get help?
Following things will help with things like passcode settings, or alerts.What to do if an alert says to change your password and you cannot adjust your passcode settings?
Sometimes there are passcode policies that can cause issues like:
- You cannot turn off the passcode.
- You cannot change passcode settings because they are unavailable, gray, or dimmed.
- You see an alert about password requirement.
In any such case the IT administration will help you. you should keep you iOS upto date if the device is personally owned. If the problem remains, contact Apple customer support.
If you are still facing any technical issues with your iPad, Contact Techno Edge Systems at +971-54-4653108 for all iPad repairs in Dubai.
Some Additional Links: